Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Rose by Any Other Name...

How many of you readers out there use a special name that you go by? And if so, how did you come about that name?

I am writing my paranormal romance under a pen name, and I started thinking about creating a special tarot reader name for myself when I came across these amazing journals by Seven Stars.

So I decided to use my Chrysalis Tarot deck to help me come up with a name.




When I looked at these cards, I understood that they were revealing my inner qualities as a tarot reader and as a person.
The Three of Spirals represents my contemplative nature. I often meditate before making any large decisions. In fact, I often use the cards for guidance whenever making big decisions. It also states in the guidebook that "the Three of Spirals is about maintaining an open mind and entertaining the helpful counsel of others" (35). This also describes my approach to life. I try my best to view all things with an open mind and often seek out the wisdom of people I trust. I also try to teach others to be more open minded as well as to offer my counsel when it's asked for.
I was thrilled to see Morgan Le Fay show up in this reading. She represents the High Priestess - magic and mysticism. I am a seeker who is into all things occult. I am a believer that there is more to this world than we can see with the visible eye. I look for signs of synchronicity daily and I am always looking to boost my intuition and psychic abilities. I find that the cards offer their own signs of synchronicity which is another reason I am so fond of them. The ravens represent my curiosity and my desire to weave magic into the mundane.
Last but not least, the Six of Stones, a card that comes up for me again and again in my personal readings. This card actually holds the most meaning for me. I am drawn to the beauty and wisdom of trees. The Celtic knots, weaving from deep roots all the way up the trunk and out into the branches, are just so enchanting and mystical to me. The Tree of Life has always been a meaningful symbol in my life. It represents growth and development as well as, in my opinion, having connections to the Wheel of the Fortune - in it's ability to stand strong in the earth, while still changing with the seasons. The guidebook states that this card is about "giving and receiving" as well as "caritas -charity of love for others and charity of love for self" (24). This is exactly why I love to give readings to others - I want to offer guidance in a loving and kind way that helps to empower the person I am reading for and to teach them that they have everything they need inside of them to get through whatever situation they are facing.

So now for the tough part: creating a name from this information. Do I go literal by focusing on the images in the cards - the trees, the raven, the gem stones? Or do I go figurative and try to find a way to create a name out of words that mean contemplation, mysticism, charity?

I'm open to any suggestions. Thank you.

All my best,

Amy

4 comments:

  1. I love your writing! I've always loved your blog and I'm so glad you like Seven Stars! I have two decks of hers! EVERYTHING in her shop is amazing. She's a true craftswoman, and you are a very special lady! Awesome reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think Heliodore (the yellow gemstones on the Six of Stones) is a great pen name, and for you one rich with meaning and magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Toney, talk about synchronicity....that word completely stuck out to me in the guidebook and I was thinking about that a great deal! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy I don't know a name for you but I do like your interpretation of these cards. I love this deck which I own for about 14 days now. I think it is amazing! I do enjoy your youtube videos too :)

    ReplyDelete