Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Justice Spread for Teachers

What is blocking me from being more fair in the classroom? The Solar Plexus Chakra
What can help me be more fair in the classroom? Listen (The High Priestess)



I felt like using my new Psychic Tarot for the Heart Oracle Deck by John Holland for this reading because I am completely addicted to it. It is such a beautiful, insightful, and gentle deck.

So what is blocking me from being as fair as I would like to be in my classroom is the Solar Plexus Chakra. This yellow chakra correlates with self-esteem and confidence. I think a lot of what holds me back from bring my own version of Justice into my classes is not being confident enough to do it. It can be very hard to deal with 150 different personalities a day, especially when they are all concerned with their own level of justice that they are experiencing. They all want to be treated fairly but they are also busy looking at what everyone else is being given or being denied. It can be really difficult to be in the position of power and have to make tough decisions. But this is part of the role of being a teacher - it means being an authority figure who makes rules and sets boundaries. But it also means being compassionate and understanding. So I need to get more in touch with my own vision of Justice and then strengthen by Solar Plexus so that I can do what I believe is right and just in my own classroom.

Listening will help me be more fair in the classroom. Sometimes it is just easier to want to shut down and just say "this is the way it is." But I think it is important to make the time I can to hear students out. It doesn't mean I have to bend a rule, but sometimes students just want to be heard. So instead of just speaking my piece and putting them in their places, I really need to make more time to listen to their side of the story and see how we can work together to come to the most fair conclusion.

All my best,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment