Friday, February 21, 2014

"And It Was All Yellow"

Sometimes I like to just flip through my deck and let my mind wander. On this particular occasion, I noticed that many of the cards that I am most attracted to, both visually and symbolically, all have yellow backgrounds.

Take a look at some of my favorite cards:

The Fool

The Magician

The Empress

Strength

Justice

The Court Cards of the Pentacle Suit

The 4 of Wands

The 9 of Pentacles

The 9 of Cups

These are some of my absolute favorite cards in the deck and they all share that beautiful yellow background in common. So it got me thinking about the color yellow...

Yellow is a color of happiness. It reminds me of lemons, which is always a scent that boosts my mood and energizes me. It is also the color of the third chakra, the solar plexus, and this is the chakra associated with will power and courage (strength card anyone?).  This color is also associated with the sun and if you remember the sun card...well, that card just radiates positive energy.

I think I am so attracted to these cards because the color yellow is such a happy, positive color and joy and positivity are two of the things I want most to manifest in my life.

So take some time to spend with your deck today. Slowly make your way through the cards and pick out the ones that really resonate with you - the ones you feel completely drawn to. And once you have your pile, look at what they have in common. Is it a color? A number? A suit? Once you figure out that one thing they have in common, analyze that one thing and see how it applies to your life in some way.

I would love to hear how this exercise went for you. So please feel free to post in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment